Sensitive skin can pose a problem for many people while shaving. As many are switching from manual razors to electric shavers, they prefer foil electric shavers to rotary ones. A foil shaver gives a close shave as compared to a rotary shaver. If you have extremely sensitive skin, you might be better off using the wet dry electric shaver.
Wet Dry shavers allow using shaving cream or gelling while shaving, increasing the moisturized surface and reducing the chances of irritated skin. An ideal shaver is one that can lift or straighten hair without pulling them. Also, make sure not to shave frequently, letting your hair grow. Consider a rotary shaver that can handle longer hair. Other requirements may include the cleaning and maintenance system, noise level, rechargeable, efficiency and comfort it delivers.
Certain skin conditions need ample amount of time to make sure that individual shaver works or not. Give it adequate time to get used to the shaver. If you experience the bumps and irritation after the usage of two weeks or so, it may not be suitable for you. Make sure your new shaver is comfortable to hold, ergonomically easy on your hands and posture.
Incorrectly handling the shaver may also affect your shaving. Most of the shavers come with the money back guarantee, make sure to take advantage of that.
This is a frequently asked question when it comes to electric shavers. Moreover, it makes a lot of sense; after all, most of the men that go for an electric razor do so due to the discomfort caused they use a blade. Regardless if you are coming directly from traditional wet shaving or you just want an upgrade for your current electric razor, you will most likely want two things: a close shave and a comfortable, pain-free experience.
Finding the best electric shaver for sensitive skin is not as straightforward as you might think. Nevertheless, as we have seen, there is no such thing like best shaver, since there is one that is right for you. Before getting into the actual shavers and more details, it is important to know that for men with sensitive skin the shaving technique and prep work are imperative.
Qualities of a shaver that is suitable for people with sensitive skin
Even though many of the electric shavers work fine for most men, these are some aspects that you should have in mind if your skin is prone to irritation. These are the most important features to consider when choosing an electric shaver for those with sensitive skin:
- Fast motor: You will feel the difference between a linear motor that oscillates at eight thousand (8000) rpm and one that operates at (fourteen thousand) 14000. It shaves quicker and smoother, needs little to no pressure, and it feels much more comfortable.
- Sharp blades: High quality, sharp blade is one key element of the top electric shavers for people prone to skin irritation. Blades that quickly become blunt contribute to tugging, pulling and will not shave as close as you would like. Eventually, this leads to applying more pressure; therefore, you spend more time shaving over the same area, causing razor burn and irritations. An excellent example of quality blades is Panasonic’s cold sounding thirty degrees Nano blades that are sharpened at a thirty degrees angle. This allows the blades to cut more efficiently and without pulling.
- It must be good at dealing with longer hair and different growth patterns: As someone with sensitive skin, you sometimes have to wait for a couple of days before shaving sessions. Give your skin some time to recover before you subjecting it to a potentially irritating factor -like a metal thing that rubs against it. Therefore, the shaver must cope well with longer hair. In addition, many shavers have some trouble dealing with hair that actually grows in different directions, especially in the neck, requiring multiple passes and thus increasing the risk of irritation.
- A shaving head that does not get hot during operation: This is another important and often neglected aspect. If the surface that is exposed to your skin gets boiling due to friction between the foil and cutting blades, it will cause significant discomfort.
- Dry and wet operation capabilities: Wet shaving can be quite beneficial for men who have sensitive skin. Although it takes longer and requires more preparation, it can make a big difference for some. You should try it.
Some of the best brands of electric shavers
A shaver may work perfectly well for one man and not for the other. It all depends on how fine or coarse your hair is, how quickly it grows back, and whether you have a lot of flat-lying hair or not. It may take some research for you to feel comfortable to place an order for a new shaver. However, the right brand of shaver for you is definitely the one that works best for you.
Typically, there are two primary types of electric shavers for men with sensitive skin:
- Foil style: The foil design has one head for shaving, which is usually fixed in place. However, some shavers have a flex head; thus, they do move forwards and backwards to some degree.
- Rotary style: The rotary head contains three round heads all assembled in one and each of the three heads rotates in circular motion. As we mentioned, recommending one style of product over another will be a biased and personal opinion; therefore, some people swear by foil type while others prefer the rotary type. Rotary type costs more than the foil, but you can get a great deal online.
Various brands of shavers promise a cooling effect to minimize discomfort caused by the shaving head. Typically, a shaver can get hot because of the friction between the its head and the skin, and the motor is heating up.
Shaving wet allows one to get a maximum close shave possible, thus, you may want to find the best electric shaver for sensitive skin that can perform both tasks. Purchasing additionals such as shaving creams, gels, and foams for a smooth shave or even using moisturizing soap, such as coconut or aloe Vera, helps provide a better shave.
- Braun Series 3 380s-4
- Braun 7 Series 790CC
- Panasonic ES-LA93-K
- Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4
- Philips Norelco 1250X SensoTouch 3D
In conclusion, sensitive skin is something commonly experienced by many people. Therefore, manufacturers advertise this feature with their products. It is mostly easy to spot the shaver specially designed for people with sensitive skin. On the other hand, a shaver that is suitable for sensitive skin is not a different breed of machine that does some magic. Getting a pain-free shave, is a matter of taking your time, doing the prep work right, using the proper technique and having a quality shaver.