Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Review
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is a quiet and smooth running shaver that comes with a 5-blade cutting system that is guaranteed to deliver fast and efficient shaving you could have ever imagined. This wet and dry shaver comes with every feature you could be expecting in a razor with improved cleaning and drying system. Although it is little bit expensive and feel awkward ergonomically, we think the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is the best shaver money can buy today.
Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Features and Specs
- The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 uses ultra-sharp 30-degree angled hypoallergenic blades for ultra comfort and closeness.
- The powerful, fastest, and high performing linear motor delivers over 14,000 cuts per minute, which is equivalent to 70,000 cross-cutting actions every minute across 5 blades, resulting into super fast and efficient shaving
- The ES-LV81-K Arc5 comes with the Multi-Flex pivoting head that allows the electric razor to glide effortlessly over the chin, neck, face, and jaw line for maximum smooth and even shave. Likewise, the Multi-fit ARC foil gently adapts itself to individuals’ facial contours for ultimate comfort while shaving.
- The ES-LV81-K Arc5 has a high end automatic cleaning and charging station that cleans, dries, and charges the shaver with just a touch of a button, keeping it ready and fresh for your next shave.
- For a clean shaving experience, the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 shaver comes with a 5-blade ultra-thin vibrating foil cutting system with 30 degree “nano blades”
- Other notable features include the built-in pop-up trimmer, multi-flex pivoting head with a stainless steel blade and foil, 14,000 CPM linear motor drive.
- Also included with the Panasonic ES-LV81 are the lock button, 10-stage LCD readout, sonic vibration cleaning mode for a quick clean up, and automatic cleaner and charging system
- The ES-LV81-K Arc5 is 100% waterproof
- It is both wet and dry shaver
- It comes with a travel pouch and ac adapter
- Measures: 2 x 2.8 x 6.3 inches ; Weighs 6.4 ounces
- Best Sellers Rank: #57 in Electric Shavers > Foil Shavers
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 men’s shaver comes with smart and creative features that deliver a comfortable and close to perfect shave. The ES-LV81-K has a 5-blade shaving system which ultimately means reduced shaving time and more foils for better coverage. The Multi-Flex pivoting head of the Panasonic ES-LV81-K allows it to glide over the jaw line and chin for more coverage and maximum comfort.
Likewise, the top-notch automatic cleaning and charming system cleanses the shaver with a alcohol-free hygienic solution while removing debris and stubble. The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 also comes equipped with 10-stage LCD display, pop-up trimmer, switch-lock button, and a travel pouch.
“Great, expensive electric shaver…”
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is a foil shaver, so if you use a rotary shaver and are satisfied with the results, you should get the Norelco, recommends one of the verified customers at Amazon. Secondly, among foil shavers, there are dry shavers and both dry and wet shavers. The Panasonic ES-LV81-K is both, while the Braun is the dry only shaver. The ES-LV81 is also the upgraded version of ES-LA93, and a worthy upgrade, he shares. This is because it is the best wet electric shaver out there and has significantly improved over the LA93.
“Quieter, both in use and during the cleaning cycle…”
This shaver is quieter, both in use and during the cleaning cycles, says another verified customer at Amazon. Previous version of Panasonic shaver, the LA93, was already quieter than the Braun, however, none of them are quieter than this model, shares the customer.
“A faster shave…”
The larder header of this shaver is very functional, as it covers a lot of area quickly, which also reduces your saving time by 30-40%, says another verified customer of the ES-LV81. There is a shaving timer in the display, allowing you to improve your shaving technique and speed up your shaving. And, if you have been using LA93 in the past, the transition to the ES-LV81 will be seamless. Rather than shaving, it feels like a gentle scrubbing on your face with a pad, which cause less irritating as you do not need to move the head as much over the same area.
“The cleaning station seems identical to the one for the LA93 externally…”
In fact, the LV81 fits in the old one (kind of), but is a completely different unit, says another verified customer. He adds, “The interior looks as if it is deeper, and the back is contoured differently to fit the LV81.” He goes on to say that the cleaning cartridge fits flush rather than inset, and the cleaning cycle also seems shorter, which he have not timed. Unlike the LA93 where the LEDs for dry/clean flash non-stop, when the cleaning cycle is complete, the lights on the ES-LV81 goes out. The cartridges and the water reservoir are the same. Although it is little bit noisier than the Braun and Norcelo cleaners, it runs much longer and does what it is supposed to do, and very economically as well, says the user of the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5.
The Panasonic feels little bit awkward to hold and switch positions, says another customer. Although you get used to it, but it is much easier to hold in various position with the Braun shaver. Also, you might also find yourself hitting the ‘trimmer’ button as it is built right behind the head.
“LCD display would have been more useful,” says another customer…
Is Panasonnic ES-LV81 Worth the Upgrade?
Is it worthy of upgrades from earlier versions of Panasonic? We think yes, you should definitely upgrade as the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is a significant improvement over any other Panasonic shavers. Is it worth switching from other manufacturer or system? Well, that depends on what you are looking for. If you think you want to switch from a dry shave to a wet with a different foil, or switch from a blade to a rotary experience, we think purchasing the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 would be a great idea. If you have the bucks and want to try something new, then we think you will be pleasantly surprised.